Thursday, February 14, 2008

V-day spinning

I originally had a long run planned for today but I definitely deviated from that plan. I don't know why, I just had absolutely no running motivation this morning.

I'm guessing that part of the blame can be placed on the fact that I didn't get to sleep until around 2:00 AM. And even though I did sleep until 8:00 AM, which put me at a fairly respectable 6 hours, it just isn't the same as getting 6 hours from going to sleep earlier.

And, I know this is no excuse, I walked to the grocery store this morning. I didn't have to but I wanted to buy some candy for the girls in my hall. I'm enough of a scrooge already when it comes to Valentine's Day. So that chewed up a big hunk of time.

But I digress. Despite the fact that I did not run today (grumble grumble grumble), I did go to spinning class. It was a Valentine's Day themed class. The music sucked (love songs are notoriously slow) but the energy was great, the instructor knew what she was doing, and the intensity was high. Perfect for a spinning class. My legs are tired but I know they'll thank me later.

Tomorrow, however, I shall run.

Thursday: 1 hr. spinning class

2 comments:

Patricio said...

Hey there! Happy V!
I know the feeling of getting up and not feeling like running or doing much - if anything.
At least you had a good spinning class. BTW, how's the legs? feel better? There is this new cream that I read is supposed to be great for sore muscles, pain, etc. It's called Alcis and you can get it at Walgreens. I bought it a cpl of days ago but haven't used it yet.
http://www.alcis.com/

Mnowac said...

I hate when the music is bad at a spin class! The teachers at my gym pick the crappiest music. One time one instructor did a whole broadway themed class. I mean I like theatre, but to spin to? Not so much.

Monica