Saturday, February 9, 2008

Finding some time, part II

Obviously the whole blogging thing is new to me; I forget to update for days on end. But better late than never...


This week was a good week, running-wise. So far I've done a little over 19 miles, not including the shorter runs that I am planning on doing this weekend. I got in three super hilly mid-distance runs (6.5 and 2 5 milers) which left me feeling strong. I know that 5 miles isn't a distance that regulars runners bat their eyes at, but I'm pretty proud of myself for being capable of those runs considering that I came out of a 2 month running hiatus only a few weeks ago.

I also got in some quality bike time. My body is still getting used to being back in the saddle, but no workout leaves me feeling quite as worked out as a tough spinning class (other than a speed workout on the track of course...).

Swimming was non-existent this week. My swimming day, Tuesday, was occupied by a chemistry lab. Because preparing for half marathon training is my top priority right now I'm not incredibly stressed about the non-swimming deal.

Today is supposed to be our last good weather day for quite a bit, both temperature and precipitation are expected to beginning dropping as the weekend progresses. I had been planning a longer run for today but because I don't want to ramp up mileage too quickly, and because the majority of my runs were longer this week, I am going to go out for an easy 30 minuter.

Happy running :)

No comments: