Monday, February 11, 2008

Dragging feet and dehydration

First, just a random aside because I am sufficiently embarassed. Yesterday wasn't actually my birthday...it's not until May (when the race is). I was just excited about the receipt of an early birthday present. But thanks for the wishes!

At any rate, I have not been drinking nearly enough water as of late. I'd like to blame it on the colder weather, but up until yesterday the temperature had been well into the 50s...and even in the 60s some days. Water just hasn't been all that appealing to me lately, despite the fact that I know it is absolutely crucial to my running performance; it is even more crucial now because of the sweaty spinning classes that I have been taking a few times a week.

Today's run took place at the indoor track. Because of the higher temperature in the gym, my lack of water guzzling became extremely apparent. I felt like my legs were cinder blocks and running was the last thing they felt like doing. Even worse, my mouth was dry and I would have given my left arm for an orange or a banana. That is not a good state to be in...at all.

I'm scheduled for a spinning class this evening so I am going to be chugging water like it's nobody's business up until then. And then I am due for some very serious stretching/yoga-ing, which I have not done nearly enough since ramping up my miles.

Monday: 30 minute run (approx. 3 miles) and a 1 hr. spinning class

Last week's mileage: 24.3

No comments: