Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tired, tired legs

I have no idea what is up with my legs lately. I decided against spinning lasat night because my muscles were so swollen but even with taking it easy yesterday, they just did not want to move this morning.

I did manage to get in a slow 45 minuter, but it was no easy feat. I felt like my entire body was made out of concrete and iron rods. Even my hips, which I don't feel very often, were tight as all get out (post stretching at that). Me and The Stick are going to be great friends this morning because I really would like to spin tonight.

I'm sure it didn't help that I refused to let myself be passed by anyone else running. I don't consider myself to be an extremely competetive runner, but when I'm on that track it's like the measure of my worth depends on whether or not I'm passed or not. I'm guessing it's some leftover feist from my cross country days, but it strikes me as funny that the only time I feel uber-competetive is on that indoor track.

Thankfully tomorrow is an active rest day. I'm hoping that the yoga will help to loosen me up some.

1 comment:

Mnowac said...

ahhh dead legs, gotta love those days. Some runs I just feel like I am running through water. Those are the runs to work on our psyche! I think I can, I think I can! As much as I hate slow or bad runs, I alwasys feel good when they are done b/c I could have just stopped.