Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happiness is a warm run

I usually detest running around in circles. I am thankful that I don't have to run on the treadmill, but the indoor track is really only marginally better.

But today, I have never been happier to have an indoor track. It was damp and grey and just an awful day to be outside. So I took my recovery run inside and did a "nice" 30 minuter. I say "nice" because my legs were super tired and I felt like I was absolutely dragging.

But at least it was warm. I am a self-titled cold weather wimp...anything colder than 40 and running outside just does not sound appealing. So although my legs were killing me, the temperature was quite pleasant.

Oh, and the lack of hills wasn't all that bad either.

Tomorrow is going to be another indoor track day; it's supposed to be rainy and grey again.

Sunday: 30 minute run

This week's mileage: 22 miles

2 comments:

Mnowac said...

Don't move to cleveland! Glad you had a nice warm indoor recovery run.

Patricio said...

Yup, it's a lot nicer to run inside weather-wise but man, it stinks to do the treadmill and I've only ran once on an indoor track and it killed my knees. Later I read they are bad for the knees, especially when u do lung runs. They suggested to switch ways every once in a while.
Don't forget to stay hydrated :)
P