Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hello swollen quads, I've been expecting you...

Today was a semi-rest day (semi because I still had to walk a whole bunch to get to and from class, et cetera) and boy, my quads are swollen. Walking up the many stairs and hills was quite uncomfortable. All I could think about doing all. day. long was putting on my pajamas and propping my legs up on a gigantic stack of pillows.

Honestly, I would much rather being dealing with DOMS. At least then I would know that yes, my muscles were indeed overworked. Heaviness and swelling does indicate that rest is needed, but it also proves to me that I have not be stretching or massaging nearly enough. And although I knew that, physical proof is never comfortable.

Thankfully I have noticed an improvement over this morning. Still swollen, but not quite as unbearable.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a much nicer and busier day (I have a run, spinning, and a walk to the grocery store planned) so I'm crossing my fingers that everything will be resolved through massaging and yoga tonight.

4 comments:

Patricio said...

Hi,

Do you take fish oil pills? they are supposed to help with muscle recovery. Just a thought.

Keep up the training, you doing great!

PC

Ellie said...

I've never tried fish oil pills but I have heard people talking about them in passing...I may have to check them out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I found your site! I'm a runner too, and I love reading about what you've been up to. It motivates me!!

Ellie said...

Thanks so much!