Sunday, January 27, 2008

When two-a-days attack

At the beginning of the week, my plan for Sunday was to do 50 minutes of yoga.

As of yesterday, my plan changed from 50 minutes of yoga to a 1 hr. spinning class.

This morning, I decided that I wanted to go for a quick 30 minute run. I also decided that I wanted to take the spinning class tonight because of its convenient closeness to the location of my chemistry review session tonight.

So today is going to be the day of two workouts and I'm feeling comfortable with that. It's a good feeling to be so motivated. I'm a bit worried that if I carry on like this I'm going to get burned out. But if I listen to my body I think all will be fine.

Sunday: 30 minute run

It was a brisk 36 degrees when I decided to run but that is actually quite a bit warmer than it has been the past few weeks and I was feeling comfortable, if not a little toasty. It was such a great feeling to be out of the gym and on the road; running in circles is bearable when it's 10 degrees outside but I could not have handled another day of it. The scenery, albeit dull and grey this time of year, was wonderful. I even praised the hills (which didn't challenge me nearly as much as I was expecting them too).

Sunday continued: 1 hr. spinning class

I'm definitely glad that I decided to go spinning. It was difficult and I was dripping with sweat by the time the hour was up, but I feel fulfilled. And I think that's the most important part of a workout. The instructor spent a lot of time focusing on sprints, my weakest cycling area, and as much as I hated it I'm glad she did.

No comments: