Friday, January 18, 2008

Indoor Track, Part Deux

Stepping outside this morning, I knew that it was going to be a beautiful and relatively warm day (i.e. not 30 degrees with crazy, whipping wind). I was incredibly tempted to bundle up and do my run outside.

But because we had a "snow storm" yesterday and Virginia is not known for impeccable snow clearing skills (and out of sympathy for my swollen quads), I did my run at the indoor track once again.

The indoor track itself isn't all that bad. I don't even mind the 9.75 laps per mile because usually running on the indoor track = easy run. The one thing I do mind is all the people. I go to a large university so it'd be wrong to want the entire track to myself. But I don't think it is unreasonable to want people to STAY IN THEIR LANES.

There is nothing more frustrating than having someone dart into your lane without even a second glance. Or, even worse, weaving in and out of lanes based on the curve. Seriously people.

But overall, I had a good run...again with no idea of my pace. My legs were a bit tired (and are now making their way to full on sore) but getting the blood flowing definitely improved things.

Friday: 30 minute run (approximately 3 miles)

No comments: