Saturday, January 26, 2008

Namaste cycle

I admit that I have always had a desire to be a triathlete. There is something so appealing about testing your endurance and proving (to yourself) what you are really made of. I grew up cycling and running but have always been weak in the water. My goal is to start getting into the pool at least once a week and see where that takes me.

Saturday: 35 minutes spinning/35 minutes yoga

Whoever thought up the spinning/yoga combination class deserves to be kissed. Many times. It is the perfect way to start a Saturday. Today's spinning portion left something to be desired; the music was lame and overall I didn't feel as challenged as I could have been...even with the resistance ramped up. But the yoga was great. Nothing feels better than stretching out tight hamstrings and hip flexors.

No comments: