Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cycling and stretching

Prior to this year, I had never been a fan of indoor cycling. I did it out of obligation, the obligation created by cold and windy winters. But, after taking a few spinning classes, my entire view of indoor cycling has changed. It can truly be a kickass workout if done correct.

Saturday: 1 hr. 15 min. spin/yoga class

This class is probably the best combination yet. 45 minutes of cycling and 30 minutes of yoga is pretty much pure heaven for sore and tired legs. Not something I would do on a tough workout day, but it is definitely going to be a Saturday morning ritual from now on.

Sunday: 50 minutes of power yoga

Although my body and mind were both screaming for more activity, I gave myself a rest day to recuperate from the wear and tear caused by picking up running again. The last thing I want is an injury.

No comments: