Saturday, March 15, 2008

Who woulda thunk it

Never in a million years did I think that I would choose swimming over cycling. But I did this morning; I had been planning on doing a 30 minute bike ride followed by a 45 minute swim but I just couldn't handle the idea of sitting on a spinning bike for 45 minutes, overheating and wishing I could be running. So I decided to swim.

I always lose track of how many laps I've done so I've just been using time as a determinant. Today I swam for an hour; I did 20 minutes of breaststroke, 17 minutes of kicking drills, and 23 more minutes of breaststroke. I need to do more research on swimming drills and test them out to see which ones aggravate my knee and which ones don't because I know that being stuck with breaststroke only is going to get old very quickly.

I also did some leg exercises this morning. I haven't talked to the physical therapist yet because she's booked up until the end of this week but I do have a list of exercises that I got the last time I went through physical therapy so I've been trying to do those at least once or twice a day and I do think that they're helping (wow, run-on sentence). I haven't been in tremendous pain the past two days (knock on wood).

1 comment:

Mnowac said...

Glad the pain is subsiding! I never choose swimming over anything, I have GOT to get better about that.