Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Good news and bad news

I feel like I haven't posted in forever...just like I feel I haven't been running forever. But in reality, it's only be 3 weeks. Hopefully this will be the last week of complete rest. Ever since decided to stop cross training and just focus on resting/yoga/stretching, my knee pain improved by leaps and bounds. It still gets twingy and tight but nothing compared to the beginning of last week; the pain flare ups are fewer and farther in between and that's great news.

I've been tempted to go do a test run but somehow I've managed to talk myself out of that; I know my body needs the rest and running before I feel confident that I would not cause a setback in healing would be stupid. So sometime towards the end of next week my running should be making a slow comeback...hopefully.

The bad news is that I've managed to come down with a stomach bug that just won't quit. It started bothering me yesterday morning, peaked yesterday afternoon, and is now decided that it doesn't really want to leave me alone today. I definitely feel much better than yesterday but I still have that "feed me ginger and crackers or else I'll rebel" feeling, which is never fun.

Oh well. It's Wednesday and we're halfway through the week!

3 comments:

Mnowac said...

Ooh sorry you aren't feeling well. COntinue to rest up, you'll be able to run again soon enough!

Patricio said...

OMG!!!!!!! I just wrote my blog and was telling about being sick with a stomach bug!! Crazy huh??
Hope you feel better.

Good to hear the knee is better too... You'll be back in training in no time :)

P

Patricio said...

Hey, where are you???