Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Me and The Stick

My leg muscles are SO unbelievably tight. I am cringing at the horrible-ness of this predicament that I have gotten myself into; kicking myself in the head, even. Even yoga was painful...I only made it through 5 minutes before decided that I was probably doing more harm than good. So tonight (well, after I write this post) I am going to be spending some quality time with The Stick. I really really hope it helps.

I did a slow, dreadful 40 minute run today. Alright, dreadful is a bit of a strong word because I really did enjoy being out in the fresh air...but my legs were heavy and tight and I felt like I was absolutely dragging. My knee was tight (and the pain has flared up since then). And then I almost got hit by a careening cyclist who failed to mention that he was going to speed past me with about an inch between us. Definitely not my best run ever.

Thank goodness tomorrow is a rest day. I am planning on going to a yoga class, but that is going to be played by ear. I am also going to make a trip to the weight room; I found the exercise list from my PT sessions so I'm going to do some of those.

No comments: