Thursday, May 29, 2008

Figures...

It figures that as soon as I make my blogging "re-debut" I have a grueling and mediocre run.

I was in a complete running mood, feeling very gung-ho towards a route that used to kick my butt and come back for more. So I laced up my shoes, headed out the door, and started off at a fairly decent pace. I practically glided up and down the first hill...it wasn't until the very gradual uphill that I started feeling like my legs were made of lead, which leads me to believe that I am far better at running up steep hills because it is such a mental thing. Long, gradual hills just hurt (in my opinion).

Instead of pushing through a fatigued 4 mile run, I stopped at two with a vow that I'm going to run 4 tomorrow morning. During the middle of a training cycle I probably would have forced myself to keep going, but since I'm just coming off a healing knee, I'd rather stay fairly recreational at this point. I'm feeling antsy to go for a jog now (or "yog" as I playfully like to call it) but I know better.

2 comments:

Patricio said...

WELCOME BACK!!! it's been a while stranger :)
How's the tummy? hope u feel better.
Glad to hear u r back to running and more... don;t get discourage... we all have good and bad days.. it's all good :)

P

Ellie said...

Patricio, I am feeling MUCH better...both tummy and knee wise. Thanks for the welcome back!